[95 Thesis] Why are churches the problem?
1. They’re not sanctioned by Jesus. [are erroneous, not based on the teachings of Jesus.]
2. They divide communities.
3. They compete against one another. [They pit one Believer against another.]
4. They siphon money and talent from communities.
5. They replicate communities services.
6. They prevent people from engaging their communities directly. [a sort of “proxy” service]
7. They offer a false sense of eternal security. [spiritual security]
8. They encourage apathy.
9 They place one Believer or groups of Believers over others.
10. They act contrary to the Christian mandate. [how Jesus sent apostles/seventy out; serve without money]
11. They don’t teach people to rely upon themselves.
12. They prevent people from relying on, and building a direct relationship with God.
13. Unholy Alliance between clergy, committees, and laity.
14. Provides fertile “preying” ground for sexual abuse (women and children). [Exposes the weak and innocent; confessional, etc. ]
15. People evaluate “God” based on the example of churches. If “church” fails, people toss out “the baby with the bath water.”
– property holdings: land, structures
– money property taxes
– sales taxes
– sports teams
– food banks
– homeless shelters
– colleges, universities
– stroking egos
– false promises
– taking advantage poor, desperate, elderly
[Christian Marketing Complex]
FRUIT OF THE MINISTRY
#leaving the ministry
#entering the ministry
#loosing faith [college students, etc. ]